Monday 13 August 2018

Boxes, boxes and more boxes!

It feels like I've been packing forever! I'm moving out of my current bedroom at my Grandparents house so my sister can move in. This means that everything I own needs to be sorted. Probably more than I need will come to uni with me, some has been binned or recycled, some has gone to charity shops, and some will go into storage in my Mum's shed! Trouble is, I already have some stuff in storage at my Mum's and at my Grandparents because I used to live in my own house, and when I moved out of there I had to store some of my things. So to make room for the new things to go into storage I also have to sort through all of the old things. It's a long job to say the least but today I finally felt like I was making progress.

Because of this, packing has been a bit disorganised. Instead of just neatly packing the things I need I've been opening each cupboard and deciding where each thing is going. So, I don't really know what I've actually packed for uni! This could turn out to be a nightmare!

For this reason, I won't be publishing a suggested packing list until I've arrived at uni and unpacked my things so I can see what is actually useful!

I'll definitely be glad when the packing is done, and I can't wait to get to university and unpack and see what I can do with my room.

You may have seen my earlier blog post about "Design Plans for my University Room" and seen that I've decided on a theme for my bedroom. It will be themed around nature colours, so greens, whites, browns and greys, with woods, but also metals, and some contrasting colours such as pale pink. I've been gathering various things for this theme and can't wait to see it all come together, hopefully without being too chaotic.

I've also since decided on a classic nautical theme for the en-suite and just have a few little themed bits to go in there, as I know it will be very small, so I'm looking forward to seeing that too.

Kitchenware I already had in a black and white (mostly) theme, and so I'll be sticking with that but some other things will be coming which don't fit the theme, but I'm less fussy about my kitchenware.

I mostly just want to make sure that my bedroom and en-suite are spaces where I feel calm and peaceful, where I can escape, where I can study, and so I've chosen my themes around colours which make me feel calm. Hopefully it will work!

Thanks for reading,
Katherine

P.S. Not all of these boxes are mine, my Mum is having a sort out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment